Re: may anyone tell me what rawhide is ?

Thx all. 'Think i gonna keep my core :-p

Paul F. Johnson wrote:
Hi,

what are those isos ?

Rawhide is the development versions of the code which, when *stable*
find their way to the core repository.

If you don't mind your machine not working as it should, things going
wrong unexpectedly and non-standard RPMs falling over dead, rawhide
offers you a wealth of goodies.

However, if you're a bog-standard user who wants stability and
reliability, stick with core.

For example, I'm on rawhide on all of my machines, but that's the point.
They're mine and no-one else has access to them (as in user accounts).
On my wife, son's and daughter's machines, they're on core.

TTFN

Paul