Re: Rescue disk

Ben Steeves wrote:
On 3/15/06, John Summerfied <debian herakles homelinux org> wrote:

Ben Steeves wrote:

On 3/13/06, Gordon Stewart <gorste tesco net> wrote:

No I need the rescue disk to fixed the issue.

As I said in my original email, there's a full rescue environment on
CD 1.  Just boot off of that.   From the sounds of it though you might
be just as well served by re-installing.

_I_'d stuff around until I fixed it; then I'd probably know what I did
wrong.

So would I.  Then again, I'd have a fair chance of understanding what
went wrong in the first place... but then I'm pretty much a gearhead. When an inexperienced user comes across a problem that prevents their

There's a fair argument such folk shouldn't be found in the _testing_ environment. They're sure to find it _very_ testing, and if they survive that, very educational.

Remember, this is betaware at best, and nobody should be using it for "production" work, for anything they can't just throw away.

Note, running your production workload on it to test whether it works is not the same as running your production on it.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa computerdatasafe com au  Z1aaaaaaa computerdatasafe com au

do not reply off-list