Re: Kernel 2054 breaks nvidia.ko loading

Gilboa Davara wrote:
Ohhhh! Gasp!!!!
Not again?!?!?

Dave,

This is beyond *bad*.
This effectively kills each and every non-GPL kernel module out there.

Sounds like an awesome feature to me.  Perhaps we should add a new
bugzilla resolution "CLOSED->IS_FEATURE" for things like this.  ;o)

I'll steady the ropes and prepare for the influx of FC5 "my Nvidia
driver doesn't work with FC5" bugs.  Someone else will have to get
the "davej broke my Nvidia" t-shirts made on cafepress.com though.

(To match the lovely mharris version that circulated a year or so ago.)
;o)

--
Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
                      Proud Canadian.