Re: Kernel 2054 breaks nvidia.ko loading

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 15:02 +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> > > this claim is incorrect, the workaround is trivial.
> > >

> > I assume you mean "fixing" their driver by adding a copy of
> > print_tainted function, right?
>
> that is indeed the most simple one (or even just an empty
> print_tainted).

Well, this is a rather trivial bug (as opposed changing kmalloc to
EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL ;)) but in the end of the day, it is -our- bug and we
(as in the fedora community) should be the one to fix it.

Anyways, I'm waiting for >2054 to be released before posting a message
about in nvnews.com and the fedora forum. Hopefully most people will be
aware of the problem come release day and lower the breakage rate.

Gilboa