Re: Could tthere be an update iso distribution

Steven Haigh said:
> To what? Care to inform me of any cards that are decent and have
> OpenGL hardware acceleration that will work without a custom module?
> ATI and Nvidia certainly rule the majority of that market.

ATi's older cards (9200 series and earlier) work just fine with the Free
Mesa/DRI stack, and run with hardware acceleration "out of the box" because of
this. Granted, these cards are not exactly powerful compared to the stuff on
the market today, but they're still quite capable of handling many OpenGL and
other rendering tasks quite smoothly.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
This message was sent through a webmail