Re: Nvidia SATA hangups with newer FC5 test kernel

On 3/16/06, Jonathan Berry <berryja gmail com> wrote:
> On 3/16/06, Calvin Dodge <caldodge gmail com> wrote:
> >
> > First, an Emachines system with the ATI chipset (this machine is some
> > distance away today, so I can't give you more info).
>
> Gag.  ATI X200 chipset or similar?  That one seems to be pervasive in
> the name-brand sector for some reason.  Yes, I have seen those

Yep, that's the one.  I expect it's used for the same reason Via
chipsets are used - cheapness.

> PCI-X?  Then this is a server class board and different from my
> desktop class nForce4.  I guess I can't help you much, then.

Nope, just higher-level consumer class. 3 PCI slots, and 3 PCI-X (plus
the video PCI-X).  We ran out of PCI slots (SCSI, TV Tuner, video (FC4
doesn't support the PCI-X card we originally installed)), and needed a
2nd NIC.

Calvin