Re firefox freeze

Had this happen with the captioned program several times, both with linux and with XP.

In linux, I found the hidden directory where FF keeps its parameters, its dictionary files etc, I made a backup and restarted FF. FF came up as it should minus  what I renamed.

With due diligence, I brought back to the now current version a file at a time.

I am writing this response with that repaired version.

Leslie