Menu: System->Administration->Authentication: BROKE!

As the subject line says:
"Menu: System->Administration->Authentication: BROKE!"

I cannot set the authentication properties via this tool
because selecting this does not pop up the GUI.

Hmmm...  there are a couple of things missing in the menu
as well - such as the general control-panel that I thought
I saw in FC3/4

Some menu items are being dropped from FC5?

Dan