Re: Menu: System->Administration->Authentication: BROKE!

On 3/17/06, Tomas Mraz <tmraz redhat com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 08:24 -0800, Dan Thurman wrote:
> > As the subject line says:
> > "Menu: System->Administration->Authentication: BROKE!"
> >
> > I cannot set the authentication properties via this tool
> > because selecting this does not pop up the GUI.
>
> What happens if you run system-config-authentication from a command
> line?

I'm not sure what the original poster's problem is.
s-c-auth worksforme.

system-config-authentication runs for me on my rawhide synced box
both from the menus and from the terminal.. no oddness.. it asks for
root password via the standard consolehelper password dialog and then
displays the gui.
rpm -qf /usr/sbin/system-config-authentication
authconfig-gtk-5.2.2-1
on a 32bit smp system.

-jef