Re: FC5t3 installation issues with Radeon X300SE

On Saturday 2006-03-18 13:26 -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 10:21:37AM -0800, L. David Baron wrote:
>
>  > >  > > So, loading the radeon module by hand should technically have no effect
>  > >  > > on R300 hardware unless I'm missing something.
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Well, it did.
>  > >
>  > > what does lspci -n | grep 1002  say ?
>  >
>  > 01:00.0 0300: 1002:5b60
>  > 01:00.1 0380: 1002:5b70
>
> Wait, that was actually removed in the upstream kernel a month back.
> (Because I have exactly the same board, and saw X blow up).
>
> Hmm. for some reason 'radeon' is still getting loaded for me too though.
> I'll investigate it when I get back later.

In my case, the X server loads the module once there's a correct X
server configuration.  However, the lack of the module being loaded
prevents the X server configuration tools from configuring the X server
properly (given no configuration to start with, or the default one).

-David