Will we ever get a i686 build of fedora core

Hi

I am wondering why people at redhat don't release fedora core for i686. I think it will be better on performace. I am ready to take the pains of compiling everything again but dont know where to begin. If anyone else thinks the same way and has some knowhow to contribute he is most welcome.

--
pritam