Re: fc5-test3 and external usb box : works fine :)

On 3/21/06, LarryT <guess who freesurf fr> wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
> > Larry tb wrote:
> >> Make a kind of doc there :
> >> http://www.brothersofnet.freesurf.fr/sans_popup/fc5/fc5-usb-boot.htm
> >>

> > Thanks! I'll give it a shot. There has to be an easier way!
>
> Hi Jim,
> did you find some easier way about this ?
> Gonna give it a try with the new fc5 ...

Uhh, yeah, there is an easier way than editing the raw initrd.  I
don't remember the command off-hand, but you can run mkinitrd with
some extra modules as options (probably the same ones added by hand in
the  above).  Here you go, here is the writeup I did a while back for
FC4:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-June/msg02452.html
The mkinitrd command is under step 8.

Jonathan