Re: startind smartD [failed]

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 12:02:21PM +0100, LarryT wrote:
> I had this problem with fc4, and still with fc5.
> When starting, i have one [failed] returned :
>
> Starting smartd			[failed]

Quite possibly your /etc/smartd.conf does not reflect your real
drives.  Did you try to run, as root, smartd-conf.py?  Like that,
but save first a copy of /etc/smartd.conf if you have doubts:

    smartd-conf.py >/etc/smartd.conf

and 'service smartd restart' after this.

Saying that there exist devices without SMART support.

   Michal