Re: Unpriviledged remote suspend

On 3/23/06, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta gmail com> wrote:
> On 3/23/06, David Wood <djwood1 qinetiq com> wrote:
> > Trying out FC5, I'm rather surprised that an unpriviledged user can initiate
> > suspend from a remote X terminal.
> > The shutdown option is missing (as expected)
> > but the suspend option remains.
>
>  does it actually work?
> certaintly its a bugzilla... remote X terminal being able to suspend
> the hardware is...silly

and an additional question.... the user remotely logging is not also
logged in locally and thus has "console" ownership.  Checkable by
looking at /var/run/console/console.lock

Though the fact that the shutdown option disappeared suggests to me
console ownership would not be an issue... though it has to be checked
for completeness.

-jef