Instalation/update does not uses swap?

I did several updates of FC4->FC5 trought CDs till now and I notices that anaconda is consuming ever increasing amount of memory (update of 2.5GB of packages took 2-4h), causing update to slow down (it was 512MB each time). I also notices that even thought swap partition is on and displayed in "free" output, it is not used. This is intention?

Adam Pribyl