Re: setting correct resolution on intel 9xx chipset in FCR5 final.

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 00:04 +0100, niall brady wrote:
> I tried the same with my FCR5 install and it fixed the problem
> (see http://www.linux-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2188)
>
> so my question is, why can't Fedora include this fix into the distro, or am I
> missing something ?????

The real "fix" is for your BIOS manufacturer to actually have the proper
resolution in the video BIOS.  There's some work underway to handle this
nicely in the X server so that hopefully hacks like i915resolution (or
it's brother for the older i8xx chips) won't be needed

Jeremy