Re: I broke Gnome

On 3/29/06, tony <tony tgds net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was testing suspend to disk and well... After rebooting impossible to
> log back into my Gnome session "session has lasted less than 10
> seconds... blah".
>
> Lots of stuff has changed in Gnome it seems - I tried reparing by using
> the old technique of clearing the .gnome2 folder in /home but no...

Check /tmp.  There are a couple of directories there (gconfd-username
and orbit-username) that can cause problems with GNOME login... delete
them and try again.

> Is it because I removed firstboot?

No, probably not.
--
 _  Ben Steeves                                    bcs metacon ca
( ) The ASCII ribbon campaign                  ben steeves unb ca