[FC5] ClamAV - Anyone using this?

Jason Montleon monty19 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 31 16:27:28 UTC 2006

It's worthwhile to run a scan at regular intervals.  While most would argue
you aren't very likely to get a virus on a completely patched Fedora system,
it still won't hurt anything.  Make sure you have the clamav-update package
installed so you can run freshclam and update your virus definitions as
well.

chkrootkit is another good program that will check for rootkits, aide for
intrusion detection, make sure selinux is enabled, if you don't like the
default fedora firewall firestarter is in extras, but either way have a
firewall, run yum often, and so on and so forth.