kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5 breaks graphical boot (and cups and httpd)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 5 08:28:46 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 09:06 +0200, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 22:37 -0700, Skunk Worx wrote:
> > Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> > > What do you think is the "mid-route" for time critical security fixes?
> > >

> > How about a core team of volunteers that yum updates off a private repo
> > several hours before it goes public?
> >
> > The classic solution would be a small farm of automated test machines,
> > but I imagine that's a bit too resource intensive for the project right now.

Not really. It is just a matter of pushing some buttons, convincing the
necessary people and getting it done.

> I'm sure Red Hat has some system for their own testing of RHEL, maybe
> for such security fixes it can be used for Fedora?

That is one of the things the new Fedora QA lead has to figure out.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2006-
May/msg00010.html

There is a push towards that. Not sure whether automated testing would
have detected this particular problem though.

Rahul