kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5 breaks graphical boot (and cups and httpd)

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Mon May 8 11:40:22 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 10:12 -0400, Will Woods wrote:
> Depends on what the automated tests do, really - on my machine, any
> test that used TCP connections would have fail. We definitely have
> automated tests here that do that sort of thing - the question is
> whether the RHEL team is allowed to give us their tests. We'll see
> what happens. We can always write our own tests if the freely-
> available ones don't do enough.

There's a really nifty testing system at Kitware, the folks who make the
Visualization Toolkit VTK.

http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Dashboard/MostRecentResults-Nightly/Dashboard.html

It actually tests user builds of their CVS repository. The idea is that
after every update the whole package is tested by users, and the results
are submitted back to the webpage.

I guess a similar system for Fedora would have to test every package
every night, reboot and all, but it could be worth it for some testers.