fc6 install to eSATA drive

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz at redhat.com
Wed Nov 1 09:33:02 UTC 2006

... happily, this worked. I've tried to do this with FC5 but ran into
problems. Kudos to the SATA hackers!!! This helped me out of a jam.

Process:
1) machine with no cd/dvd drive, SATA internal drive: remove drive, put in external enclosure.
2) put FC6 dvd into notebook with DVD drive
3) put PC card with 2 eSATA ports in notebook (Silicon Image 3512)
4) connect external enclosure to PC card, power on external drive
4) boot notebook to installer.
5) have anaconda give the external drive as something that can be installed onto!!!!!!
6) install
7) swap drives back
8) boot machine with no cd/dvd/network with fresh FC6 install

-benjamin