Argh! Help!

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Nov 8 22:46:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:54:43PM +0000, Paul wrote:

> Problem is here is that rpm -Uhv is giving a segfault,

If this is indeed glibc which has problems then various things
segfaulting is nothing surprising and clearly you do not want to
'chroot ...' or you will be using messed up libraries.

> ... so unless I can
> use rpm -r /mnt/sysimage -Uhv glibc*rpm, I'm a bit stumped.

What do you mean by "unless I can"?  This is exactly how -r (or, in
a long version '--root=...') works.  Try 'rpm --help | less' and
read a bit.

   Michal