live CD/DVDs for test releases

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Nov 11 18:14:13 UTC 2006

On Saturday 11 November 2006 13:06, Karsten Wade wrote:
> The live CD concept allows us to create more than one set of packages to
> test.  It is true that it would exclude other packages that are worth
> testing on the same system, but it opens the possibility for
> sub-projects to issue a special live CD just for testing e.g. Fedora
> Directory Server or the latest KDE packages.

Live CD/DVDs would be invaluable in getting more testing of A) the liveCD
creation tools, and B) the packages themselves.  However it does not help to
test anaconda and installation / upgrades.  Its the installation/upgrades
that had the most 'whoops' bugs in them and are the cause of most slips.  We
need more testing there, not less.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora