live CD/DVDs for test releases

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sat Nov 11 20:35:30 UTC 2006

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 01:56:28PM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:

> I meant unknown if we'd use kadischi or some other tool.  There are some
> concerns with the kadischi code base and how it works, which is why it isn't
> the 'official' Fedora live CD yet.

OK, I subscribed myself to the live CD mailing list and I checked out
Kadischi.  I have to see how good it works, but I already saw way too
much hardcoded lists in the code, that should be in a configuration
file (that such a config file is just Python code is fine, but it
should be separated from the code).

Furthermore, I don't immediately see why a live CD generator should
(also) get a graphical user interface, but as I have the same
opinion about a word processor :-), I won't further discuss this.

Anyway, I'll give it a try and start further discussions on the
live CD list.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>