Unsatisfied dependencies when mono removed

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Nov 12 15:22:42 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Saturday 11 November 2006 23:11, Jim Cornette wrote:
>> If these packages do get pulled out during yum removal of mono, then
>> maybe they were residual entries from multi-version failures caused by
>> yum exiting abnormally through the life of this development
>> installation. (Started at FC6-pre). I might not have detected these as
>> multiple package entries since removal of mono via yum only took out the
>> rpms that were active dependencies for mono.
>
> The yum remove mono I tested with did take out the "passive" deps as you call
> them, things depending on mono(foo).

With Charles going through the removal of mono via yum and it took out
the mono dependent packages on his system, it must be particular to
something other than whatever left the packages behind on my system.
Charles did an FC6 install and I was using an install started at FC6-pre.

Thanks for checking out if the problem is with the norm or particular to
my installation. Sorry for the false alarm.

Jim
--
Schizophrenia beats being alone.