Beryl packages in extras-development pull in packages from beryl repository on wilsonet.com/packages/beryl/fc6-i386/

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Mon Nov 20 19:39:59 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 01:07 -0800, Miles Lane wrote:
> On 11/19/06, Peter Gordon <peter at thecodergeek.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 20:07 -0800, Miles Lane wrote:
> > > When I install beryl and emerald from development-extras, it pulls in
> > > the following packages from :
> > >         heliodor
> > >         bdock
> > >         beryl-dbus
> > >         aquamarine
> > >
> > > I am curious why these packages aren't provided on the
> > > development-extras repository.
> >
> > These dependencies are under review and will get imported once APPROVED
> > and CVS gets fixed up. The idea was to create a meta-package to pull in
> > all of the Beryl stuff but that did not quite as planned unfortunately.
> > See the thread on the Extras list for more info:
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-November/msg00321.html
> >
> > > When I updated control-center, I got the following:
> > > control-center-2.17.1-6.fc7:
> > >   Updating  : control-center               ######################### [1/6]
> > > /sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libseom.so.0 is not a symbolic link
> > >

> > > This library file is provided by one of the packages on wilsonnet.com:
> > > # rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libseom.so.0
> > > [...]

This is fixed in the version that will be available in Fedora Extras,
once approved. The beryl-vidcap Makefiles are a hideous mess...

> > Installed material from third-party repositories is completely the
> > responsibility of the user. If it breaks, you keep the pieces. :|
>
> Of course, I understand this.  I have no problem with picking up
> pieces.  I just try to pass on awareness of issues, in case it will
> help promote solutions for everyone.
>
> Thanks a lot for your info regarding the repository plans!

All of the beryl bits save beryl-vidcap have been approved now, but with
cvs down, it'll be a bit longer before they appear... I've left the
wilsonet.com builds as-is, so they'll be supplanted by FE builds, once
available.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com