Passing serial ports to xen guests with kernel-xen

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sun Nov 26 04:25:22 UTC 2006

Hi all,

This may be going slightly out of topic for this list, however I'm
wondering if anyone is aware of a way to pass a physical serial port
(/dev/ttyS0) to a Xen guest?

I have thought of other options such as passing a USB controller to
the Xen guest using pciback, however this will require a custom
kernel as usbcore etc is built into the FC kernels.

What I want to achieve is to control a PC based RF Radio scanner that
hooks up to a COM port, have it web tunable and stream the received
audio out via shoutcast etc. For obvious reasons, I don't want to do
this on the host machine :)

Anyone have any ideas?

--
Steven Haigh