LCD stays off on lid open

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Tue Nov 28 14:26:40 UTC 2006

> I don't know why most of the code is there.
> An abbreviated version would probably work too.

I've reduced the application down to this minimized version:

#!/bin/sh
# /etc/acpi/lidswitch.sh
# Re-activates the screen when the lid is opened again

LID_STATE="/proc/acpi/button/lid/LID/state"
VT_NR=/tmp/lid_sh

if grep -q open "$LID_STATE"; then
      vbetool dpms on
      chvt `cat $VT_NR`
      rm -f "$VT_NR"
else
      fgconsole > $VT_NR
fi

This document is strictly confidential and intended only for use by the addressee unless otherwise stated.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.