Fedora Core 6 Test Update: selinux-policy-2.4.5-3.fc6

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Nov 30 01:37:33 UTC 2006

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> Anyway, I recovered from  the disaster but doubt the recovery was 100%
>> clean due to versioned directories.
>>
>> Jim
>>

> I do not know what you are talking about.  What directory is versioned?

Looking through the list of files seems to indicate that the specified
directory is /usr/share/doc/selinux-policy-2.4.5/ for versioning which
is probably fairly standard with packages. When I had the crash
installing with exit code -1, I removed the database entry for the older
version since it did not come back clean. The later version verified
with rpm.
Since I only removed the database entry for the older package, I noticed
that there were still files from the old rpm using locate to query files
(after running updatedb).
I did not pay attention to the importance of the files comparing
documents to config files or program files. I guess the package is setup
correctly without specific versioning except for documentation.

Thanks,
Jim

--
The biggest mistake you can make is to believe that you are working for
someone else.