Will ext4 be in FC7?

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Nov 30 12:03:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 04:12:20AM -0500, Benjy Grogan wrote:
 > On 11/29/06, Justin Conover <justin.conover at gmail.com> wrote:
 > > With experimental release of EXT4 in 2.6.19, is it possible it will be in
 > > rawhide soon and in FC7 at release time?

It'll be in rawhide, whether it makes it into FC7 depends on how it
works out.   It may not be as supported throughout the distro as
ext2/3 though (ie, you may not be able to install to it), depending
again on how quickly it matures.

 > And will libpata be enabled by default in FC7 kernels since we're on
 > the topic of new kernel improvements.

Yes.

I've been working on getting a rawhide kernel in shape the last few
days, it should appear 'real soon now'.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk