Easy fedora???

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Nov 30 22:33:13 UTC 2006

Frank S. wrote:
> Why don't you create an easy ferdora like (easy ubuntu)or a feora mint
> (linux mint) for people new to linux. please do not get me wrong I love
> Fedora but to make it usable is a lot of work and I would never recomed
> to  a friend because I would slave myself to his dektop.
> people NEED a dirty Fedora as you would call it. they will call it a
> usable OS.
> thank you so very much for your hard work!!

Thinking back to installing RHL 4.2 and Slackware before that and Minux
before that, Fedora is a very easy to install product.

As you reference products that you think are easy to handle and
configure, they should be your starter installations. When you
successfully learn these easy for the general user installations, Fedora
will be easy to use also. Like anything, you want it as capable as
possible and as easy to configure as possible.
Regarding DVD or CD live distros, they should be available shortly with
the more capable Live CD creation programs. You might want to do a
search on Live CDs for Fedora or ask on the Fedora-list for a wider
group of people to pick their minds.

Along the lines of your topic, there should probably be a list for New
to Fedora but it is as easy to monitor the forums or lists and pick up
on topics that way. the lists have helped me learn a lot about programs
and better methods to accomplish tasks than was possible before going
onto the lists.
Meanwhile, the Fedora List seems the best place to go. But if you want
the official forum, go to the forum for Fedora.

Just a few comments for guidance to the better place to find
information. This list is for testing rpms in updates-testing and mainly
the development (Rawhide) continuous distribution.

Jim

--
"Intelligence without character is a dangerous thing."
-- G. Steinem