Easy fedora???

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Thu Nov 30 23:19:33 UTC 2006

Frank S. skrev:
> Why don't you create an easy ferdora like (easy ubuntu)or a feora mint
> (linux mint) for people new to linux. please do not get me wrong I
> love Fedora but to make it usable is a lot of work and I would never
> recomed to  a friend because I would slave myself to his dektop.
> people NEED a dirty Fedora as you would call it. they will call it a
> usable OS.
> thank you so very much for your hard work!!
It's my understanding that any such action would make one in accessory
to patent violation and in cases like the nvidia driver, GPL violation.

There's sadly no easy way around this, even what Livna does is
potentially iffy in a lot of countries.

At the very least it is not something the Fedora Project could
officially support nor create, no more than say the Ubuntu Foundation
supports and releases EasyUbuntu at least.

Yes.. lawyers suck, they take all the fun out of computing, sorry.

That being said, Fedora is incredibly easy to install, I've used various
Linux solutions for more than 8 years and I can confidently say that it
has never been a better or easier platform and it is only going to get
better. The improvement one would get from an EasyFedora program are
minimal given that sites like fedorasolved.org and fedorafaq.org exists.

- David Nielsen