Re: Reading boot messages on the fly

>> I have a serial console attached to a com port. On the other end I use minicom on
>> a laptop.
>
> Requires a null modem cable, right?

Yes... On boot, append "console=/dev/ttyS0,9600" and configure minicom accordingly.

You may also consider booting with an alternate method and retrieving the
/var/log/boot.log files... (However, just peeking at mine, it appears mine are 0
bytes ???? ).

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan digitalhermit com