Re: FC6Pre images relelased!

On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 19:46 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 06:42 -0700, John Reiser wrote:
> > Third, testing the rescue CD is more important than testing the
> > install media.  The rescue CD has a history of being the forgotten
> > stepchild, and has often had serious bugs (even showstoppers and
> > data corruption), yet _every_ installation is a potential user
> > of the rescue CD.
>
> Except, in this case, there were a number of install-time
> media-install-only things which needed verification

Well, two attempts at a rawhide-based install was no good.

So, I ended up installing from the torrent FC6Pre isos and NFS from my
other laptop.

I did not attempt installing Fedora Extras or all of the games and
entertainment.   Now, the NFS-based install went very smooth.

I created a user account after the installation was complete due to the
already known firstboot problem.

I have a Dell Precision M60 so far FC6 is beautiful.

Thanks to the Fedora team and other contributors. Great Job!!!

Thanks,
Ernest