Re: rawhide report: 20060929 changes

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 11:47:38AM -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 09:40:05AM -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> > Following that line of reasoning ...
>
> For a lot of users openoffice is core.

I know, hence the qualification above and just expanding on what was
said earlier. :-)  OTOH, personally, I would not mind to see
openoffice in extras the tiniest bit but the proposition was not all
that serious.

> The big problem is that for any set of packages there is a mailing list
> member who considers that package "very important"

Right.  Taking that to extreme a "core" could be a minimum required
to bring a networking up and all other stuff in extras.  Quite
feasible in some situations but I think that are very far yet from
where that would be sane in general.

  Michal