Re: rawhide report: 20060929 changes

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 11:34 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Michal Jaegermann <michal harddata com> said:
> > I know, hence the qualification above and just expanding on what was
> > said earlier. :-)  OTOH, personally, I would not mind to see
> > openoffice in extras the tiniest bit but the proposition was not all
> > that serious.
>
> One problem with Extras is still that there is no good way for a normal
> user to access it without reasonably fast Internet access.  There are no
> ISOs (or any way for a normal user to make such).
> --
> Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>
> Systems and Network Administrator - HiWAAY Internet Services
> I don't speak for anybody but myself - that's enough trouble.

/+1
Extra is fine when you're sitting on a fast DSL/Cable line.
Downloading 240MB [1] worth of OO packages is less fun when you're doing
it on a 56kbps modem line.
If/when it'll be possible to generate and torrent an Extra DVD/ISOs upon
release day -and- use them seamlessly within Anaconda/Yum/etc, pushing
KDE, OO and, well, emacs into Extra will be less intrusive.

Gilboa
[1]
$ OOSIZE=$(rpm -qi $(rpm -qa openoffice*) | grep Size | awk '{print $3}'
| xargs | sed 's/ /+/g') ;
echo $((($OOSIZE) / (1024 * 1024)))MB
240MB