Re: Have reached a point where I feel p***ed

Michael Schwendt wrote:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/197033

It has been enough time to downgrade the driver or request more feedback
from users who are hit hard by this. But what has happened instead? The
"bugzilla > /dev/null" syndrom again. Zero interest in avoiding this
serious regression compared with FC5.

Not providing any detail about the bug you're pissed about - like, say, _which_ driver you're complaining about - is an excellent way of getting the maintainer to notice your email. Likewise for nondescript subject lines.

My Matrox cards work fine, so it's sort of hard for me to reproduce the bug, or characterize it sufficiently to provide test drivers. And yeah, normally I don't see bugs in NEEDINFO because I'm the one who put them there and when the user clicks the magic check box they pop back out.

It wouldn't really be acceptable to simply downgrade the driver, since that would lose support for new hardware.

- ajax