Have reached a point where I feel p***ed

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Oct 6 02:03:32 UTC 2006

> On Thursday 05 October 2006 13:40, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > As long as I get the feeling that I'm ignored or that I will be flamed
> > again for adding comments or attachments to other person's tickets, I wait
> > for clear instructions before flooding bugzilla with too many details
> > which are not requested.
>
> 'again' ?
>
> In this case, the RH employee reporting the bug is no different from random
> schmo off the street reporting the bug.  The maintainer needed certain
> information to continue, which is why the bug is marked as NEEDINFO.  Before
> that information is provided, however it is provided, the bug cannot be
> worked on and other bugs, which have the needed info, will be worked on
> instead.  If we held up every release so that every piece of hardware worked
> perfectly, we'd never release the product.

With a broken text installer and limiting the ability for the user to
run the graphical installer successfully, consideration on not releasing
a distro would be a wise decision.

As the bug was filed by someone else who is not responding, marking
other bugs as duplicates that the user is actively trying to resolve the
problem is never going to get the needinfo unchecked.

Jim