Re: rawhide report: 20060929 changes

On 10/5/06, Michal Jaegermann <michal harddata com> wrote:

There exists this "jigdo", or "Jigsaw Download", project.
http://www.atterer.net/jigdo/
It allows to download "custom images".  It requires a support
on a server side and I never really used it, so I cannot tell
how it works in practice, but it sounds interesting.

Jigdo creates an ISO image from a description file and the contained
files.  It is handy when you already have all the files.  In the world
before bittorrent, it was easier to mirror a repository of packages
instead of the ISO.

Jigdo doesn't help with creating the ISO image.  mkisofs is still
needed for that.  It can help with distributing the image.

- Ian