Re: ip6tables -m state (match state) not working...

Michael H. Warfield wrote:
On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 13:32 -0500, Jay Cliburn wrote:
Michael H. Warfield wrote:
Hey all,

I've found that the IPv6 state matching is non-functional in FC6.

Oh, and by the way, ip6tables state matching is nonfunctional, period; not just in Fedora. The Netfilter team hasn't yet implemented state matching in ip6tables.

	Strange that it accepts the -m state option to ip6tables then.  There
is certainly an libip6t_state.so in /lib/iptables.  If it hasn't been
implemented, then what's in that friggen library?

Hmmm...  You prompted me to look.  From netfilter.org:

Main Features

    * stateless packet filtering (IPv4 and IPv6)
    * stateful packet filtering (IPv4 and IPv6)

This is new.