Re: Am I shooting for the stars asking for kernel 2.6.19 RC1 for FC5?

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

not really.  why not just download the source straight from
kernel.org, configure, build and install?  seems to work fine for me.

I've never tried it before, and I'm afraid of hosing something big time.
I wouldn't even fathom on where to begin. Besides downloading it. :-)
Besides, isn't Fedora's kernels tailored specifically to Fedora, so some things might stop working?