Re: I give, What in the world is the trick with AIGLX?

oldman wrote:
	Thanks Jessie,  I was pretty sure that was the case, but didn't realize
that nVidia's driver will fix the problem.  Do you know if it's AIGLX
that is causing the error in xorg.log?  I don't see the error in my FC5
or Ubuntu (non-AIGLX)?

Well, yes. AIGLX is the piece that hooks up a DRI driver to the GLX rendering path in the X server. There isn't one for the nv driver, so the AIGLX subsystem is just telling you it can't find one.

AIGLX is only included in X servers from Xorg 7.1 and later, which neither FC5 nor Dapper include.

- ajax