Re: Have reached a point where I feel p***ed

Alan Cox wrote:
On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 04:25:12PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
It wouldn't really be acceptable to simply downgrade the driver, since that would lose support for new hardware

If the new driver doesn't work at all then downgrading it doesn't lose support
for anything. It's still the wrong time to start complaining however, its
one for errata.

From what I recall, the driver does work on some hardware for some
people though, and it does contain support for newer Matrox hardware
which is not present in older driver releases, so downgrading the
driver to the prior driver which does not contain that support would
make it nonfunctional on the newer hardware.

The G200SE being the new hardware IIRC.