Re: /etc/inittab went away && wlan has weird device name

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 10:18 -0500, Julian C. Dunn wrote:
> I just did a yum update, updating to initscripts 8.31.1-1 (among other
> things like a new kernel). When I rebooted, init complained that inittab
> was missing, so I rebooted into rescue mode and found that there was
> an /etc/inittab.rpmsave but no /etc/inittab. Has anyone else had this
> problem?

This just happened to me in a recent (last day or too) rawhide update.

It also appears that yum removed the kernel I was running, instead of
the more recent kernel that wasn't currently running (and hadn't been
used as I don't always get around to rebooting now that suspend/resume
works so nicely.)

I'll give kernel versions as soon as I get rawhide running again.

R.

 It's much better on my side"