Re: Another slip in the FC6 schedule

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 22:14, ronald wrote:
> my suggestion is:
> do a complete respin or whatsoever and *then* announce a release date.
>
> just my opinion !

We did that.  The problem was that initial tests I did showed promising.  The
problem was that AFTER we started the sync that would go to mirrors some
things were caught in regression.  This time around all these regressions
were tested fixed before we announced, but that doesn't mean some user in
some configuration we don't have here could find a showstopper before we send
to the mirrors.  It is better to be more vocal about whats going on than a
black box.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora