Re: Kernel 2.6.18-1.2200 beeps too often

Once upon a time, Sean Bruno <sean bruno dsl-only net> said:
> I noted that this can be alleviated by excuting 'xset b off' ... This
> seems to be a new 'feature' of this kernel ... anyone else think it's
> annoying or is it useful to others?

It was a bug for a few FC releases that pcspkr wasn't loaded when the
hardware was present (before that, it was built in, not as a module, and
had been present forever).

If you don't want it, you can turn it off by blacklisting the module.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>