[OT] nouveau packages for Fedora

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Oct 18 22:44:17 UTC 2006

Dawid Gajownik wrote:
> Dnia 10/17/2006 02:09 AM, Użytkownik Jim Cornette napisał:
>>> Could you give me output of "uname -r" command?
>>
>> 2.6.18-1.2784.fc6
>
> I've been testing my script with this kernel so it should work (maybe
> except missing linux/config.h file but this should be fixed soon in drm
> sources).

I tried this and it keeps failing on the same module build. This is with
2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 running now.
I keep getting a newer libdrm build with each attempt. The newly
generated rpm upgrades fine when installed.
Is this source checkout and compile similar to that of Gentoo installations?

> BTW I have updated niff script (previous one had problems with updating
> sources).
I get the same failure with the new script. The config.h file missing is
one complaint on exit from the script.

As earlier comments from the developers for X. Future inclusion of the
driver would be great.
Exposure of this driver to testing by making this available in rawhide
after FC6 is released would be ideal.

I do like the concept that the niff script is using to build these
modules also. So until then, I'll check the site for newer versions
occasionally.

Thanks,
Jim

--
But I have a holy crusade. I dislike waste. I dislike over-engineering. I
absolutely detest the "because we can" mentality. I think small is

	- Linus Torvalds on linux-kernel