Re: Terrible display flickering after FC5 update today

On Wed October 25 2006 5:02 pm, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> I had a similar problem with my Dell 2000FP. Turned out to be a
> timing problem between the ATI card and the monitor.

Interesting, to me. I've had a bug report in on this for over a
year. It began as a periodic blanking to black. My card is an ATI
9200SE and my monitor is the Dell 2000FP. This only would happen
if I used the DVI cable. When I hooked up the VGA cable, the
problem went away. Lots of people have added to my bug report
over time - I don't think it's been resolved. Are you using the
DVI input? If so, could you pass along those hacks you used?
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA