A few issues related to compiz.

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sun Oct 29 10:24:20 UTC 2006

I'm really enjoying using compiz on my desktop. It has a certain
tastiness that can't be denied.

However, there's a few things that I'm missing and can't seem to
address.

1.  I had set up gnome-terminal to launch using <CTRL>+<ALT>+<T> through
System > Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts.  This shortcut no longer
works (since enabling compiz) and the option no longer appears in the
Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.

2.  In metacity, I had customised the buttons on the title bar as
follows: close,maximize,minimize:menu (inside gconf setting
apps/metacity/general/button_layout).  I now have the default button
layout and can't seem to see anyway of changing the button layout.

(Yes, the button layout I want is very much the same as on MacOSX.  I'm
not a fan, but I do think that they got this right, ironically because
all the menu items are in the same place on the window, which is strange
because MacOSX put these menus up the top, not in the window.)

Can someone help me to address these two issues, or do I need to file
bug reports.

R.

 It's much better on my side"