Re: Terrible display flickering after FC5 update today

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:12:51 -0400
Adam Jackson <ajackson redhat com> wrote:

It shouldn't be doing so anymore, at least in FC6.

It still does it on mine. I have a ATI radeon X800-GL with a 21" Viewsonic LCD display (VP211b) that I push at 1600x1200 60Hz 24bit color.

The flickering is very slight: small dottes white, blue lines from half to 2 inches long appear randomly for a fraction of seconds and just limited to the black zones of the screen.

Solutions such as switching back and forth to console or killing X randomly succeed (but sometimes X even refuses to start). I use xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.6.2-4.fc6

---Beppe---